Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Singing Revolution - II

At Townhall.com Brent Bozell has a review of The Singing Revolution. The piece opens on an engaging note:
There have been a number of stories in the press in recent months about Geographically Challenged America. None tops the report about Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder confessing he hadn't known that people spoke English in London.

"I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries," he explained. "I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot."

I suppose we'd all have another chuckle if Crowder were asked to find Estonia on a map, but in truth how many can? And for those of us who can, how many of us know anything of significance about this seemingly insignificant little country?
Read it all

(hat tip: Leopoldo)

No comments: