Friday, June 11, 2004

Big Band Violin

Chuck Owen writes, in a message to the IAJEStrings List:

"I wanted to announce that the Jazz Surge CD, "Here We Are" (with Rob Thomas truly tearing it up!!) is, at long last, out on SeaBreeze records. It's now available at most online sites (amazon, barnes&noble.com, etc.). This is our third CD with Philip Booth (Downbeat contributor) calling it our "most adventurous yet" Distinguishing this release from the others is the use of the violin which virtually defines this recording. I hope you will check it out!

"Also, for those that sometimes lament the lack of published big band music with challenging violin involvement, you'll find all of the charts available from Walrus publications. They're not easy - but if you have a fairly mature ensemble, I think you'll find them rewarding and a lot of fun.

"Don't hesitate to email me with questions or comments. You can check out some clips at my website chuckowen.com. All the best."



No comments: